Monday, March 21, 2011

6 blogs. 6 nights. night 3.

Tonight I feel lead to take this blog a little differently then normal.  Usually I would write about what I am feeling or what is on my mind.  Truth be told, I have had an emotional roller coaster kind of day of which these verses have found their way into my mind.  I would like to share them with you:

Ephesians 2:8-10:

8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. 

Micah 6:8:

8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
   And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
   and to walk humbly with your God.  


Romans 8:11:

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Romans 8:31:

 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 

While I was thinking about what to write about, my first thought was about Micah in the 6th chapter but just couldn't find the words to say.  So I decided to take a look in the study Bible just to see what the book of Micah is all about.  We all are familiar with Micah 6:8 which is an amazing verse but what I got out of Micah tonight is not a verse or anything in the book.  Its the meaning of the name Micah.  Which means "Who is like the Lord?"  With a name of a chapter like that, I believe it is time for me to pay closer attention to this book and not set it to the side because it is a small, 7 chapter book in the Old Testament.  The question I asked myself after reading that was, "am I taking in the whole Bible, cover to cover, or am I just taking in what I hear?"  Maybe we all should ask that simple question to ourselves...Fuel for thought.

-JDB

 


No comments:

Post a Comment