Thursday, December 9, 2010

Huh?...What?...Why?

Today has been one of those days that I ask myself..."Why was that just put in my head?"...

So, last night I was driving back home to Danville, Kentucky. It has always been a quite ride from Morehead to Danville, especially when I am by myself. Whenever I drive I like to let my emotions fly. Sometimes I find myself yelling at the windshield, singing at the top of my lungs, thinking out loud, or just being quite without the radio on. It all depends on the mood that I am in. Last night was a little different than most. I just had a little bit of every emotion showing. One particular part stands out from them all. I was listening to Air1 95.3 when I was arriving into the big city of Lexington when a guy was talking about the band Needtobreathe (If you haven't checked those guys out, you should). He was so hyped up about the fact that Needtobreathe was going to be the opening act for Taylor Swifts new tour. For some odd reason, I was pumped. If you know anything about me, I am not a fan of female country singers. This was different. I wanted to see Needtobreathe really bad, I didn't care if Taylor was going to be there or not. I figured this was my chance to catch Needtobreathe in concert.

When I got home, I immediately got my computer out of my backpack. Looked up Taylor Swifts upcoming concert dates (quick side note: I am listening to kutless on youtube and Taylor Swift is being publicized on the side. Crazy, I know). To my surprise, I wasn't interested in the Louisville date. What caught my eye out of all the dates was July 9th. Atlanta, Georgia will be the destination for that date. After wondering out loud, I couldn't figure out why in the world I would rather go see that concert in Ga than I would in Ky. Waking up this morning, I had two other places that was laid on my heart. Savannah, Georgia and Cumming, Georgia. Also to my surprise there was a couple dates with them, July 8th and July 10th. I don't know if that was my mind just throwing a couple things together but since I have had that on my mind I have had the same thought...Huh?...What?...Why?...

I do know people in all three of those cities, but I think it is more than that. I believe it has to do with The Church and also Prayer. Normally I would just pray about this, but I believe this brings up something cool to talk about. Whether this is my mind throwing dates and places together or God saying pack your bags, it is very important. At times I believe this happens to people a lot and they don't even know it or want to realize it. Some times we get these ideas in our head and we think, "that would be impossible." Which then, gives us no motivation. If nothing has a chance, then why think about it?... This can really go for anything going on in life, it doesn't have to be a trip.

I think this is where "Faith" comes in to play. In Paul's 2nd letter to the Corinthian Church, Paul writes that "we live by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). The way that we look at some extraordinary things in the world seem impossible to us. What we need to realize and I mean truthfully come to an understanding is that "with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:26). We need to realize that every thought that may seem impossible to make happen, CAN happen as long as it Glorifies God and is in His plan. He has a plan! The next time that something may seem "impossible." Realize that "impossible is not a word, it is just a reason for someone not to try"-Kutless. Like noted earlier, Nothing and I mean NOTHING is impossible with God on our side being the pilot of our life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1JBSQMkQEo

1 comment:

  1. Jacob, I appreciate that you are such a thinker! These are the thoughts that I know go on in your head, but rarely do we get to hear them unless you are pressured to answer questions :) So I love reading this and I love that you dont let little things from God go unnoticed! But Im not gonna lie, I'm still laughing at the thought of you being at a Taylor Swift concert. bahaha.

    ReplyDelete